Fondant powder features many benefits. It contains all the qualities of a traditional fondat paste combined with the benefits of a presentation in powder form.
Benefits of traditional fondant paste:
- Optional texture and gloss of the final product
- Fineness of the sugar microcrystals (average 11 µm)
Benefits of fondant powder
- Simple to use and easy to incorporate
- Stable and long shelf-life
- Flexible to rehydrate (water, fruit syrup, alcohol, caramel)
- Easy to flavour and colour
- Better management and control over water activity
- possibility to adjust viscosity
Fondant powder is available in three versions:
- Fondant powder 11 - contains 11 % of glucose syrup
- Fondant powder 17 - contains 17 % of glucose syrup
- Fondant powder PLUS - contains glucose syrup and non hydrogenated vegetable fat.*
* This type of fondant powder is recommended for the applications that require more stability and longer shelf-life or form the icing of the most humid pastries.
- Fiiling of pralines or chocolate sweetes, sugar paste, butter cream, truffles or funges...